Featured Recipe: Cloverdale Baked Pumpkin Mac & Cheese with Bacon
November 29, 2021
The team at US Foods CHEF’STORE thanks Cloverdale Foods for their sponsorship and this exciting take on a classic side dish.
Gooey, creamy mac and cheese gets a culinary upgrade with the addition of hickory-smoked bacon and savory pumpkin. If you are looking to wow your family and friends this holiday season, try this impressive side dish that is quick and easy to make.
Aromatic sage and subtle fontina cheese add festive flair to traditional mac and cheese, while pumpkin and bacon kick the flavor profiles up a notch. This irresistible recipe is sure to become a new cold-weather staple in your home!
When you use Cloverdale Foods’ exceptional, country-style premium bacon, you provide your family with bold ingredients made by the top meat producers in the country, so you know the flavors are next level.
Cloverdale Baked Pumpkin Mac & Cheese with Bacon
Yield: 8 servings
Cook time: 75 minutes
1 lb. Cloverdale bacon (hickory is recommended, but use your favorite!)
4 cups Roseli® Elbow macaroni (cooked al dente, according to package instructions)
4 tbsp. Glenview Farms® Butter
4 tbsp. All-purpose flour
1 tbsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1-1/2 cups 2% Milk
1-1/2 cups Glenview Farms® heavy cream
2 cups shredded Fontina cheese
15 oz. Pumpkin (one can)
2 tbsp. Fresh sage, chopped, plus extra for garnish
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 cup Grated parmesan cheese
1-1/2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Arrange bacon on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until extra crispy. Drain bacon on a paper towel until excess oil is removed, and then crumble into small pieces. Set aside.
- Reduce the oven temp to 350F.
- In a medium/large saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Once fully melted, add the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, constantly stirring to combine.
- Slowly pour in the milk and cream, continually whisking. Stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add in the cheese, one cup at a time, stirring to melt before adding the second cup. Once the cheese is incorporated, add in the pumpkin and chopped sage.
- Remove from the heat and pour the mixture over the cooked pasta, stirring to combine. Fold in the bacon crumbles, reserving some for garnish if desired.
- In a separate small bowl, mix panko, parmesan, and olive oil.
- Pour the macaroni into a large baking dish, pressing down slightly with your spoon to make the top level.
- Sprinkle the panko mixture over the noodles, covering the entire top. Finish with a few pinches of extra sage if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until everything is hot and bubbly and the bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Finish with the reserved bacon crumbles and dig in!
Exceptional Wholesale Bulk Supplies from CHEF’STORe
This holiday season, get all your food and beverage supplies from CHEF’STORE. In addition to premium meats, like Cloverdale Foods, you’ll discover fresh produce, an array of quality spices, baking necessities, and beverages.
Planning on hosting a large meal? CHEF’STORE is your one-stop-shop for all your culinary needs! We stock a variety of professional-grade cooking equipment, eco-friendly disposable ware, melamine platters and plates, and more to make your meal dazzle.